Here is a free document I created a while back and which I feel hasn't…
This email arrived yesterday, supposedly from someone I know well, which is why;
- I opened it and was prepared to read it
- I’ve removed the personally identifiable information from the picture below
the following features strongly suggest this is a scam email;
- My name is in the “Bcc” line only, whilst the “To” line is empty, however it is addressed to me by name, not simply an email address
- I know that the person who supposedly sent this actually tends to use a different email address when communicating
- Hovering over the ” View Here” button shows that it links to the following URL;
which seems pretty unlikely!
- I sent an email to the person, using the email address shown and have not had a reply
Overall, this scam email has some features and content that could fool anyone, especially if you simply assume it’s okay because it comes from a known source.